curated maple products + maple recipes
looking for maple products? good news!
our mission at ME, MAPLE & I is to bring you the finest canadian maple products and ideas on how to use them!
150ml hojicha tea | 40ml lemon juice | 40ml rye or whisky (optional) | 30ml (2 tbsp) maple syrup | 1 egg white | 8-10 drops sesame oil | 6-8 dashes bitter | lemon zest | roasted sesame seeds
Mix all ingredients in a shaker except for the lemon zest and sesame seeds. Shake vigorously and pour the mixture into 2 glasses with the remaining of the foam. Serve with a zest of lemon and sesame seeds.
@me_maple_i easiest recipe
125 ml (½ cup) water | 250 ml (1 cup) maple syrup
- Add the water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the maple syrup and turn the heat off.
- Let cool, then pour into a glass jar and seal tightly with a lid.
The syrup will keep, refrigerated, for about one month.
our favorite recipe
250ml (1 cup) maple syrup | 250ml (1 cup) 35% cream | 225g (1½ cup) all-purpose flour | 15ml (1 tbsp) baking powder | 1.25ml (1/4 tsp) salt | 115g (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened | 105g (½ cup) sugar | 2 eggs | 180 ml (¾ cup) milk | 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a saucepan, bring the maple syrup and cream to a boil. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer, for 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- At low speed, add the dry ingredients (flour, salt baking powder) alternately with the liquid ingredients (milk and vanilla).
- Pour and spread the dough in a 20cmX20cm (8X8’’) dish. Pour the hot syrup.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Serve warm or cold.
A recipe inspiration from Ricardo