- 1 kg butternut squash
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 45ml (3 tbsp) maple syrup
- 4 garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 onion, cut in small pieces
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) butter or olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) ginger, grated
- 10 ml (2 tsp) curry
- 1000 ml (4 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- Grill the butternut squash: Preheat the oven to 190°C. Cut the squash in half, lengthwise and remove its seeds. Transfer in a baking dish or in a tray, cut-side up.
- Pour the olive oil and the maple syrup on the squash. Turn the squash (cut-side down) and roast for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the squash to cool before removing the skin (I use a spoon to help me out for this step).
- Prepare the soup: in a large pot, melt the butter and cook the onions for 10 minutes over medium heat. Add the ginger, the garlic (optional) and the curry. Cook for another minute.
- Add the squash and the broth and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a blender, puree the soup until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.