- 3 semi-firm pears - eg. Williams
- 125 ml (½ cup) maple syrup
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) salted butter
- 1 vanilla pod, its content
- 3 star anise
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C with a grill in the middle of the oven.
- Cut the pears in 2 and remove its heart.
- Pour the maple syrup in a pan that goes in the oven. Reduce the syrup on high heat for about 1 minute.
- Place the pears in the syrup facing down. Add the butter, the vanilla and the star anises. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Take the pears out of the oven and spread the maple syrup on the pears. Cook in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Take the pears out of the oven for a 2nd time and turn them delicately. Spray the pears with the maple syrup once again. Put back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Take the pears out of the oven (last time !) and add the lemon juice.
- Serve the pears with a zucchini cake, on pancakes or on ice cream.
a recipe from Patrice Demers