- 250g maple sugar
- 150g cane sugar
10ml (2 tsp)cinnamon, ground
- 500g almonds, ground
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) maple syrup
- 3 egg whites
For the maple glaze: Place 1 egg white and 100g of maple sugar in a bowl and mix for about
For the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 150°C and line 3 baking trays with baking paper. Place remaining maple sugar (150g), cane sugar (150g) in a mixing bowl and grind.
- Add the ground cinnamon and almonds. Mix well the dry ingredients.
- Add the maple syrup and 2 egg whites. Mix and knead by hand, then set aside.
- In several batches, roll dough out between 2 sheets of cling film to a thickness of 6-8 mm. With a star (or any christmas) shaped pastry cutter (3-4 cm) cut out 60 stars and place on prepared trays.
- Brush with maple glaze.
- Bake one tray at a time for 12-14 minutes (150°C) (see tip).
- Transfer baked stars to a wire rack, being very careful as they are very soft while still hot. Leave to cool completely before serving or storing in a biscuit tin.