- 1 orange
- 125ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 1 clove
- 1 fresh rosemary stem
- Wash the orange and remove its peel with a peeler.
- Put the peel into a small saucepan with the other ingredients.
- Boil 2 minutes. Put into a jar or bottle and allow the herbs to infuse the syrup well.
CHRISTMAS GIN & TONIC: Pour 30 ml (1 oz) Christmas syrup into an ice-filled glass. Add 30 ml (1 oz) gin. Fill with tonic water. Squeeze a lime quarter over top, drop it into the drink, and serve.
NON-ALCOHOLIC VERSION: Pour 30 ml (1 oz) Christmas syrup into an ice-filled glass. Fill with sparkling water.