For the maple dressing:
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 15ml (1 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) maple syrup
- 15ml (1 tbsp) dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt & pepper
For the salad:
- 150g (5 -6 oz) chopped kale
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 pear, sliced or chopped
- 120ml (1/2 cup) crumbled feta cheese
- 80ml (1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 60ml (1/4 cup) dried cranberries
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) cinnamon
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F
- Chop the sweet potato into small cubes and toss it with the olive oil, cinnamon and salt. Bake for 35 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While that bakes, prepare the dressing by whisking the ingredients together, or shaking them in a jar.
- Add the chopped kale to a large salad bowl and massage the dressing into the kale. Let that sit while the sweet potato cooks.
- Once the sweet potato is ready, add it to the kale with the pumpkin seeds, feta, dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
- Toss everything together to combine and enjoy. Leftovers will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days.