Ingredients for 4
- 120ml (8 tbsp) melted butter
- 60ml (4 tbsp) maple syrup
- 10ml (2 tsp) cinnamon
- Puff pastry
- Heat the oven to 195C.
- Meanwhile, peel and core 2 big apples then slice with a mandoline to 2 mm thick.
- Mix the melted butter, maple syrup and cinnamon together.
- Coat each slice with the mixture and stack in a ramequin until the top is reached.
- Pour the excess liquid back into the mixture.
- Repeat the operation.
- Move the ramequins to the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove from the oven but keep the oven on.
- Pour the excess liquid back into the mixture and top your stack with a piece of puff passtry
- Brush with egg wash or butter. Return to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool down and serve upside down with vanilla ice cream.