- 2 pork tenderloins, about 450 g each
- 15ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 15ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Dust the tenderloins with flour. In an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, brown the pork in the butter and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, soften the shallots. Add the maple syrup and mustard. Simmer for 1 minute, until thickened. Return the pork to the skillet and coat with the sauce.
- Bake for 16 to 17 minutes for medium rare. Remove from the oven and cover with foil. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.