- 1 orange, cut in 2 + 1 orange slice for glass coating and decoration
- 4 basil leaves, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) maple sugar + about 30 ml (2 tbsp) for the glass coating
- 1 bottle of tonic
- ice cubes
- Pour maple sugar in a small plate. Press the orange slice along the glasses rim. Dip the glass in the maple sugar plate in order to coat the rim.
- Prepare the syrup : in a small bowl, press the orange to extract its juice. Add the basil leaves and add 1 tbsp of maple sugar and mix thoroughly with a spoon or pestle.
- Divide the syrup into 2 glasses. Add ice cubes and fill the glasses with tonic. Cheers!