- 1 onion, minced
- 20g butter
- 450g pumpkin or butternut squash, cut in 3 cm cubes
- 350g chestnut, fresh or frozen
- 650g water
- 1 tsp vegetable stock or 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, melt the butter and cook the onions for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the pumpkin, the chestnuts and the maple syrup. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a blender, puree the soup until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with pumpkin maple seeds.