For the crust:
- 500g Lotus (TM) or Graham (TM) cookies
- 7.5ml (1 ½ tsp) ground cinnamon
- 100g melted butter
For the filling:
- 2 eggs
- 50g (⅓ cup) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 125-250ml (½-1 cup) maple syrup
- 125ml (½ cup) 35% cream
- 500g (about 2 cups) fresh pumpkin purée
- whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C with a grill in the middle of the oven.
- To make the crust, place the cookies in a large sealed sandwich bag and use a rolling pin to bash them until they resemble breadcrumbs. Place them in a bowl with the cinnamon, maple syrup and a pinch of salt. Pour in the melted butter and mix well.
- Press the crumbs into the base and sides of a 24cm pie tin. Chill for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, whisk in a bowl the eggs, flour and maple syrup until smooth. Add the cream and pumpkin purée. Mix well. Pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the crust is golden. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Serve at room temperature. Sprinkle with maple sugar and serve with whipped cream, if desired.