- 300g mushrooms, cut in 4
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 15ml (1 tbsp) maple syrup
- 15ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- ½ baguette, cut in ½ cm slices
- olive oil
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Scatter the bread pieces on an oven tray, spread olive oil on the bread and bake for 10 mins or until the croutons are gold and crunchy. Allow to cool.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter and add the mushrooms. Saute the mushrooms until they are slightly brown (for about 8 minutes). Add the maple syrup and the lemon juice and mix. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Prepare the pesto: Blend all the pesto ingredients with a hand-held mixer, then set aside.
- Dress the croutons: Spread some pesto on the bread slices and garnish with some mushrooms.