- 250ml (1 cup) maple syrup
- 250ml (1 cup) 35% cream
- 225g (1 ½ cup) all-purpose flour
- 15ml (1 tbsp) baking powder
- 1.25ml (1/4 tsp) salt
- 115g (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 105g (½ cup) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) milk
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a saucepan, bring the maple syrup and cream to a boil. Remove from stove and set aside.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer, for about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- At low speed, add the dry ingredients (flour, salt baking powder) alternately with the liquid ingredients (milk and vanilla).
- Pour and spread the dough in a 20cm (8’’) square dish. Pour the hot syrup on top of the dough.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Serve warm or cold.
A recipe inspiration from Ricardo