- 10ml (2 tsp) coriander seeds
- 5ml (1 tsp) cumin seeds
- 5ml (1 tsp) maple sugar
- 50g (6 tbsp) sesame seeds
- 100g (⅔ cup) mixed nuts (I used pecans, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- In a small pan, add the coriander and cumin seeds. Roast over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Do not turn off the heat but set the seeds aside in a medium bowl or plate.
- In the same pan, add the sesame seeds. Roast again over medium heat for 5 minutes or until slightly gold. Do not turn the heat off. Add to the cumin/coriander mix.
- In the same pan, add the mixed nuts and roast for about 5 minutes, over low heat. Meanwhile, add the maple sugar to the seeds mix.
- Turn the heat off and chop the nuts in coarse pieces or grind them to the desired texture. (Thermomix users: 3sec/speed6).
- Transfer the nuts in a big serving bowl and add the seeds/maple sugar mix. Stir to obtain an homogeneous mix and tadah... Dukkah!
- Dip a piece of bread in oil and then in the Dukkah.
- Repeat step 7 until there is no more Dukkah ;)